Stokes Electric has been called to several electrical fires this winter. Many have been caused by undersized extension cords. Please be careful not to use them with electrical heaters to access the nearest outlet. Rather than using a extension cord  call your electrician and have them install a separate outlet and utilize the cord wired into the appliance. Under sizing an extension cord could possibly cause serious problems. The extension cord could get very hot and start a fire if close to  combustible materials. If  your cords are hot don’t use them!! Please be safe, contact an qualified electrician to have your circuits  and wiring checked out.